Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Bedtime Story Episode Three

I always thought that people who used to sleep in twin beds would sleep straight, only to one side when they first switched to sleeping on bigger beds. At least that's what happened to me for a while until I got used to the queen bed. I guess it's not the same for everyone.
Ever since Ronald started sleeping next to me at night, I couldn't recall seeing him sleeping straight at all. He had been sleeping in all angles and directions except for sleeping straight. We never really marked "the line" between us but he definitely crossed it every night. Either his head was on my pillow, or his legs invaded my space. I hadn't had the urge to push him away so I kept on retreating closer to the edge of the bed.

One night I was so close to the edge that I had to say something else I would soon fall off.

"Yo why are you sleeping all the way here? What happened to your side of the bed? I am going to fall soon!"
"What? I am not on your side! I hardly moved!" While saying that he stretched his hand thinking he could reach the edge of his side of the bed to prove himself innocent, obviously he couldn't.
"Oh... whoops... sorrie... " Half asleep, Ronald pulled himself back to his "designated sleeping area" and snored away in two seconds.

Later I realized a pattern.
No matter what angle he was sleeping in, a part of him was always lingering. He could be sleeping with his head lightly on my shoulder, or his knee right by mine. That's why he was always on my side of the bed.
Else how could he be close to me even in his sleep?

I think the most romantic of it all was the few times he held my hand to sleep... it's soo sweet of him.

3 comments:

Monica Law said...

wow .. thanks for sharing all these intimate stories!! ... help us to recall the "sweetness" of the beginning of a marriage!

Anonymous said...

基本上D老公都係會追住個老婆黎瞓 even it is a King sized bed!

Anonymous said...

ha .. christina ... i think i have to agree with that .... so .. i guess it's normal that the "wife" doesn't do that, right?